Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st, 2012


More and more often these days, December brings this great poem to mind:

“How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?"

-- Theodor Seuss Geisel

Yes, it is December 1st already. And indeed how the time has flewn.

The joyous spirit is in the air already. My daughter learned math at first by counting the days to holidays she loves I think. It is a good thing, time.

It amazes me more each year how it does fly. Time does fly, just as my grandmother told me it would, especially the older we get. And she preached to make the most of each moment. She begged us to embrace youth, and that we revere time while it ticks and tocks and enjoy it. She was right. As long as I embrace it, time, each moment rocks, good or bad, happy or sad, each moment has its right to exist, each tick-tock making one or the other more momentous. Time. It is a thing to be appreciated. She knew I would not understand this as much as I do now. I am thankful she told me way-back-then though. Because now I can hear her words still, so strongly in my mind.

There is so much to love in each moment of time.
--PPM


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

My goodness, time has flewn. It is May! Lovely post, dear. How 'bout another?